Buckhead hosting dinner featuring local beers and foods March 18.
Kudos to Tisha Michelle Gainey for the hard work she and the brew-focused crews at Buckhead Mountain Grill (Bardstown Road and Jeffersonville, Ind.) and Rocky’s Sub Pub put into elevating the status and availability of local beer at restaurants. Her team has done a nice job on special events and dinners centered on beer, which never gets the plate-side respect given wine and bourbon.
On March 18, the Buckhead at 3020 Bardstown Road will host a five course Local Beers & Foods dinner that includes only food and drink found within 100 miles of the city: food and drink you know made by people you likely know. If you’re a beer geek who has questions about the menu’s brews, a representative from all five breweries featured will be on hand.
Seating is limited and for the reservations-required dinner. The meal costs $40 per person in advance or $45 the night of the dinner. (Tax and gratuity not included).
Call (502) 456-6680 to get your seat. The event starts at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 7.
The lineup follows —
- Welcoming Pint: Falls City English Pale Ale (keep the brewery glass)
- 1st Course: lobster ravioli with crabmeat tomato-cream sauce, paired with NABC Tunnel Vision
- 2nd Course: IPA-steamed stuffed whole artichokes, paired with Upland Double Dragonfly
- 3rd Course: creamy potato soup with beer-candied bacon, paired with Country Boy Amos Moses Brown
- 4th Course: roasted leg of lamb with Bourbon-Barrel Porter, juniper and honey glaze, and sweet pea risotto, paired with BBC Bourbon Barrel Porter
- 5th Course: cream and marscarpone cheesecake, swirled with Capriole Farms goat cheese and barleywine topped with drunken strawberries, and paired with Apocalypse English Barleywine