Why should Mom get all the restaurant attention? Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 18. And several local restaurants are taking notice with special offerings geared to Dad tastes.
- All Bristol Bar & Grille locations will offer a brunch buffet featuring “Dad’s hearty favorites”: bacon and sausage, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, Belgian waffles, fresh vegetables, fried chicken and pasta. Served from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Reserve at www.bristolbarandgrille.com.
- Cuvée Wine Table, 3598 Springhurst Blvd., Louisville’s only Master Sommelier owned wine-centric restaurant is serving a “quick service” style lunch from 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Sunday. Share with Dad several small plates of things like smoked duck flatbread, polenta fries, lamb sliders and kale salad. Full table service for dinner begins at 3 p.m. Reserve at www.cuveewinetable.com.
- Corbett’s and Jack’s at Corbett’s, 5050 Norton Healthcare Blvd., will offer a special Chop-House style dinner menu. Appetizers include shrimp cocktail, oysters Rockefeller and steak tartare; French onion soup and wedge salad. Entrees on offer are filet of prime beef, New York strip steak, fried shrimp, meatloaf and slow roasted brisket. A kid’s menu is also available. Call (502) 327-5058 or go to www.corbettsrestaurant.com. Seating begins at 5 p.m.
- On Saturday, June 17 at 6 p.m., Evan Williams Bourbon Experience,528 W. Main St., will host “At Least 51% Corny: A Dinner Celebrating Dad.” The three-course dinner served in the Speakeasy will feature Bob Batch performing Bourbon-related stand-up comedy at dinner. The event includes a distillery tour with Master Artisanal Distiller Charlie Downs, premium bourbon tastings, and a gift bag for dads as well as a “dad joke” competition featuring a $100 Evan Williams gift basket as a prize. Cost: $85. Call (502) 272-2624.
- J. Graham’s Cafe at the Brown Hotel, 335 W. Broadway, will offer a special Grill and Chill Brunch buffet on Sunday, featuring grilled watermelon salad, French toast kabobs, breakfast burgers, BBQ ribs, double-dipped fried chicken, chimichurri skirt steak, white chocolate bread pudding and more. Cost including coffee, tea or juice is $32 or $18 for children ages four to 12, and free for children younger than four. Seatings at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Call (502) 583-1234 extension 7225.
- Noosh Nosh, 4816 Brownsboro Center, will offer a rib eye special with roasted potatoes. Noosh Nosh favorites available all day include breakfast, lunch and dinner with omelets, crepes, pizza and sandwiches. The build-your-own Bloody Mary bar is available from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Go to www.nooshnosh.com.
- Varanese Restaurant, 2106 Frankfort Ave. will offer a special Father’s Day brunch from 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Start with lobster deviled eggs, jumbo lump crab cake and burrata cheese with sliced tomatoes and onions. Entrees include biscuits topped with grilled beef tenderloin, poached eggs and truffle hollandaise; angel hair pasta and crispy beef tenderloin meatballs; and bourbon barrel smoked BBQ ribs. The regular menu will also be available at dinner beginning at 5 p.m. Call (502) 899-9904 or go to www.varanese.com.