The casting call for Season 5 of “The Great Food Truck Race” on The Food Network is now open.
Louisville seems to be the current darling of food reality TV. The call is out for participants in the new season of the show that sets off teams of three to race around the country, trying to establish their food truck concept with the public.
Who can apply? The casting director suggests anyone who has wanted to run a food truck, but needs capital; or a small food shop that wants to expand into a truck; or a farmers market stand that sells out every week, and wants to try to go mobile; or a restaurant chef at a place that didn’t quite make it between four walls. They say they are searching for participants from “all walks of life – trained chefs, amateur chefs, line cooks, Sous chefs, home cooks and dedicated foodies to compete for the chance to own and operate their very first food truck.”
If your three-person team is chosen, you will get the full reality TV treatment and be sent off, followed by a camera crew, to “embark on an epic Coast-to- Coast culinary road trip to convince Americans that you have what it takes to make it in the food truck business you will build relationships, build a brand, and hopefully out cook the competition.”
Winners get a food truck and a cash prize. If this sounds like you, Send the following information to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Names, ages, and locations of all three teammates
2. Tell me about the personalities of you and your teammates
3. What would you cook on your food truck? Be specific, and think unique
4. What would your food truck be called? Why?
5. Why is your passion to have a food truck?
6. What is the background of you and the teammates?
7. Send a few photos of you and the teammates, as well as contact info (phone, email) of all three