Out with the old, and in with the new. Food and drink are always a huge part of the annual ritual of New Years Eve celebrations, and this year is no different. This is far from an extensive list, but here is a selection of restaurants or places offering New Years Eve dinners and parties.
Proof On Main, 702 West Main St.
Enjoy an a la carte menu from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Beginning at 8pm, Chef Levon Wallace will present a special prix fixe four course dinner for $140 per person (plus tax and gratuity). This dinner includes party favors and a ticket to the 21-years-old and up dance party in the transformed 21c Atrium gallery with a DJ, dance floor, balloon drop, and cash bar. Tickets to the dance party only can be purchased for $40 starting at 7 p.m. and the party will last until 1 a.m. Dance party tickets include two drink tickets. The hotel also offers packages that include staying over night and the party for $319 plus tax. For dinner reservations, call Proof on Main at 502.217.6360. For hotel reservations call 502-217-6300.
Asiatique, 1767 Bardstown Rd.
offering a 4 course tasting menu, in which the guest chooses and item from each category for $50 per person. (Champagne toast at midnight for anyone still dining.) Choices for each meal course separated by semicolons (;). First: Pear: poached, baby spinach, pecorino romano, miso+pineapple vinaigrette; Barley: cranberry, arugula, honey goat cheese, candied walnut, citrus+sorghum, vinaigrette; Second: Sashimi: ahi tuna, lemony onion+cucumber, pickle jalapeno, lotus, garlic soil, ponzu oil; Spring roll: goat cheese, crabmeat, repper, miso aioli; Potato Fritter: gram masala, chickpea flour, chermoula cream; Shrimp: tempura, barley herb miso pesto, harissa creme fraiche; Chicken Satay: turmeric, lemongrass, house made peanut sauce. Third: Salmon: wok fired, roasted shallot, vegetable, spice tomato concasse; Ahi Tuna: crusted tataki styl, sauteed vegetables, basil sauce, hot oil, scallion; Wok Seafood: shrimp, scallop, vegetables, basil sauce hot oil, scallion; Braised Beef: strip loin, soy garam masala, pickled cauliflower, arugula oil; Pork: grilled, chinese five spice, mushroom medley, red pepper+miso sauce; Mahi: grilled, tamarind glaze, vegetables, kapitan sauce; Pasta: brown rice pasta, herb miso pesto, vegetables; Fourth: Creme Brulee: salted coconut caramel; Cheesecake: compote; Chocolate Torte: compote. . Online reservation at www.asiatiquerestaurant.com or call 502.451.2749
Woodford Reserve Distillery, 7855 McCracken PikeVersailles, KY 40383
6 to 10 p.m., is offering a special dinner and entertainment with a cash bar and special gift for guests. Ccocktails and appetizers from 6 to 6:30 p.m. followed by distillery tours, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., and dinner and music from 8 to 10 p.m. $100 per person. Call 859-879-1812 with questions or fo limited reservations. Guests must be at least 21-years-old.
Equus & Jack’s Lounge, 122 Sears Ave.
- Equus is offering a four course New Year’s Eve menu from chef Dean Corbett with two seatings at 6 and 8 p.m. Dinner is $75 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Appetizer: Diver sea scallops with champagne and mushroom risotto.Salad:Mixed greens with shaved cucumber, chocolate-scented gorgonzola, marcona almonds, sun-dried cranberries and raspberry balsamic reduction. Surf & Turf: Prime beef medallions with poached rock lobster tail, vanilla butter, whipped truffle potatoes and grilled asparagus. Dessert: Strawberries and champagne with vanilla chiffon cake, macerated strawberries, champagne buttercream and strawberry-champagne sorbet. To make reservations, please call (502) 897-9721.
- Red Herring, 1757 Frankfort Ave.
- Cost is $5 per person for access to live music, classic cocktails, a chance to win an exclusive Heaven Hill experience and a toast at midnight Marvin and the Odyssey from 6 until 9 p.m. then DJ JP Source from 10 p.m. until 1 a.m. For more information, visit www.RedHerringLou.com
- Cuvée Wine Table, 3598 Springhurst Blvd.
- Master Sommelier Scott Harper will lead a wine and food travelogue featuring a five-course dinner from Chef Brandon Noe expertly paired with six wines. An all-inclusive option includes wine, dinner, tax and gratuity — plus a guest room at the nearby new Aloft Hotel and an Uber certificate to get you there — for $320 per couple. Couples can also choose to enjoy just the wine and dinner for $180 including tax and gratuity. For more information, visit www.cuveewinetable.com.
- 8UP Elevated Drinkery & Kitchen, 350 West Chestnut St., Rooftop
- The restaurant will be decked in a black and gold theme, as the evening will be presented by Moet & Chandon. Guests can enjoy the regular menu, as well as select New Year’s Eve specials from chef Casper Van Drongelen. Entrées will range from $25 to $32. Throughout the night, there will be performances by singer-songwriter Josh Logan from NBC’s “The Voice” and DJ Alex Bell. Cost for entry is $20 and includes one drink ticket, as well as a complimentary Moet & Chandon champagne toast at midnight as the balloons drop. Diners and hotel guests that evening will receive complimentary admission. For more information or to make a reservation, visit www.8uplouisville.com or call (502) 631-4180.
- Brown Hotel, 335 W. Broadway
- On Saturday, Dec. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 31, the English Grill will offer three elegant dining options, a three-course early seating from 5 to 6:30 p.m., a five-course meal from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., and a late-night three-course menu at 10 p.m. The cost for each is $75, $125 and $50, respectively, plus tax and gratuity. The hotel’s plush Lobby Bar will also be open for imbibing and revelry with a selection of more than 100 bourbons and a midnight balloon drop on New Year’s Eve. Guests can continue celebrations on New Year’s Day with a “hangover brunch” buffet in J. Graham’s Cafe from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Make a weekend of it with an overnight stay; special hotel packages are available for booking. For more information or to make a reservation, visit brownhotel.com or call (502) 583-1234.
- Anoosh Bistro, 4864 Brownsboro Rd.
- Chef Anoosh Shariat will offer two festive prix fixe menus Sunday, Dec. 31. An early three-course dinner is available from 5 to 6:30 p.m. for $75 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Or, diners can choose a later four-course seating beginning at 8 p.m. for $85 per person, plus tax and gratuity. In addition to choice of appetizer, soup or salad, and dessert, entrée options include beef tenderloin, rack of lamb, halibut, lobster and a chef’s whim vegetarian dish. Wine pairings and a full bar will also be available for purchase and toasting the New Year. For reservations, call 502-690-6585. anooshbistro.com
- The 502 Bar & Bistro, 10401 Meeting St.
- Enjoy three dinner seatings at 5, 7 and 9 p.m. with three featured specials from executive chef Ming Pu, as well as the regular dinner menu. The festive spread will range from $10 to $47. Guests can dance 2017 away with beats from DJ Bowers starting at 11 p.m., and toast to 2018 with complimentary champagne at midnight. The eatery’s full bar featuring 12 taps on draft, craft and classic cocktails and select wines will also be available for purchase to toast the New Year. Entry into the restaurant is free. For reservations, please call (502) 742-4772. the502barbistro.com
- The Bristol Bar & Grille downtown, 614 West Main St.
- Pappy New Year features a four-course dinner prepared by chef Austin Wilson and a bourbon flight celebrating Pappy Van Winkle. Guests can enjoy a half-ounce pour of four selections: Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year, Van Winkle Special Reserve 12 year and Pappy Van Winkle 15 year and 23 year for $35. Seating begins at 5 p.m. Featured dishes include drunken farm flatbread with shaved country ham and bourbon caramelized onions, Kentucky turf and surf with local Stone Cross Farm filet topped with a crab and bacon stuffed jumbo shrimp, and bourbon milk cake for desert. All meal options will be available a la carte Friday through Sunday. For reservations, call 502-582-1995.