Varanese Restaurant (2106 Frankfort Avenue) is hosting a Buffalo Trace Bourbon dinner Thursday, August 22, beginning with a reception at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 7. The evening will feature a four-course dinner paired with various cocktails using bourbons from Buffalo Trace Distillery.
Cost is $55 per person, plus tax and gratuity. (Special dinners here are always, always, always a bargain.) Reservations are required and can be made by calling (502) 899-9904 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reception: Elmer T. Lee “Peach Pick Cocktail”
- First Course: Flight of Elmer T. Lee, Eagle Rare, Buffalo Trace and Blanton’s served with Bourbon barrel smoked fried oysters with a roasted corn and peach salsa and finished with a sour honey bourbon sauce
- Second Course: crispy pulled pork belly tossed with baby red mustard greens and toasted mustard seed vinaigrette, bleu cheese crumbles, pepitas with egg puree
- Third Course: Eagle Rare “Original Old Fashioned” with roasted leg of lamb served over bourbon molasses sweet potatoes with grilled spicy cabbage and fried basil finished with an orange shallot demi
- Fourth Course: Buffalo Trace “Peanut Butter Cup Cocktail” served with caramel cheesecake with peanut brittle topped with a warm bourbon sauce