Owner of Portage House and The Fat Lamb, Chef Dallas McGarity is hosting a special brandy dinner with Copper & Kings this Friday, July 27 at 7 p.m. at Portage House, 117 E Riverside Dr. The meal will feature five courses pulled from Chef McGarity’s new cookbook Take Me To The River. The book details 20 coursed recipes prepared with American Brandy and an additional three superlative brandy pairings with country ham, cheese and artisanal chocolate. It illustrates the use of Copper & Kings’ aged American brandies – American Craft Brandy, Floodwall Apple Brandy and Butchertown Reserve Casks Brandy – in recipes ranging from amuses, soups and salads through appetizers and entrées. All dishes were developed and prepared by executive chef Dallas McGarity.
Tickets are available online for $60 per person and includes the five courses below and two cocktails: an old fashioned and Guns And Rose (Copper & Kings Immature Brandy, Meiomi rosé wine, lemon and raspberry syrup).
- Lobster salad sliders with brandy burger sauce
- Shaved Brussels sprout salad with brandy-soaked golden raisins and toasted pine nuts
- Seared scallop with apple brandy, golden raisin and cucumber relish
- Roasted duck breast with cherry-brandy sauce and frisee salad
- Brandied peaches and sweet ricotta