Asia Institute-Crane House will celebrate the Year of the Horse at the annual Asian New Year Dinner and Auction on Feb. 22.
This coming year’s event will bring together five emerging Asian and Asian American chefs under the direction of chef Peng Looi of Asiatique and August Moon Chinese Bistro.
According to a news release, each chef will prepare an hors d’oeuvre and dinner course, during this evening of Asian inspired culinary delights.
Our “Fab Five” chefs are James Moran, from Seviche a Latin Restaurant; , of Basa Modern Vietnamese; Ming Pu, of River City Winery; Robbi Santos from Jack Fry’s; and Ajit Singh, Shalimar Indian Restaurant.
This black-tie event is the largest fundraiser Asia Institute-Crane House produces and generates over $50,000 for educational and programming initiatives. The funds raised at the event are a key resource in successfully fulfilling the organizational mission to be a community resource that promotes understanding of Asian cultures and heritage through education, outreach and the arts.
Guests will also have the opportunity to bid on unique items and packages in both the live and silent auctions. Performances from Louisville’s Asian communities will take place.
General admission is $250; $225 for Asia Institute-Crane House members. Tickets may be purchased by calling 502-635-2240 or online by clicking here.
Following the dinner and auction, the Crane House Young Professionals will host The Year of the Horse after party featuring DJ Brois, sushi from Ichiban Samurai, henna tattoo artists, performances, poker and black jack tables and a cash bar.
Tickets to this event are $30 and include a free drink ticket and $5 in gaming chips. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
For more information, call 502.635.2240.
Following is the evening’s menu:
- Featured cocktail – Lunar Equus (honey pineapple vodka, fresh lime, ginger, syrup and Thai basil) (Heather Michaels, August Moon Chinese Bistro)
- Confit ‘goi’- duck confit, orange pepper relish, sambal aioli, paddy herb, butter brioche toast (Blake Pascua, Basa)
- Tuna cucumber seviche, gojugang soy broth, micro shiso (James Moran, Seviche)
- Filipino empanada with ground beef (Robbi Santos, Jack Fry’s)
- Three cup chicken wing with ginger-soy sauce and basil oil (Ming Pu, River City Winery)
- Paneer pakora and tamarind chutney (Chef Ajit Singh, Shalimar – Owner Sukh Bain)
- Chicken tikka, vegetable biryani, masala sauce and cilantro (Chef Ajit Singh, Shalimar – Owner Sukh Bain)
- Braised pork belly, puree parsnip, Kentucky bourbon and maple fish sauce gastrique, blue ginger and baby bok choy (Blake Pascua)
- Coriander-scented lamb chops with pickled mustard risotto, miniature carrots, five spice Grand Marnier lamb reduction and micro cilantro (Ming Pu)
- Kal bi Korean style short rib, citrus sticky rice, baby bok choy kimchi, charred cilantro oil and micro wasabi (James Moran)
- Turon, coconut caramel sauce and coconut ice cream (Robbie Santos)