We received an information release detailing Valentine’s Day (and Galentine’s Day) specials at these Louisville area restaurants. The text has been lightly edited.
Barn8 Farm Restaurant & Bourbon Bar — 10500 W. Hwy. 42, Goshen, KY
Barn8 in Goshen is accepting reservations for Valentine’s weekend, offering a menu of especially created dishes for dinner Friday, Feb. 11, and Saturday, Feb. 12. To make a reservation, visit https://www.hermitagefarm.com or call 502-398-9289.
Everyday Kitchen — 552 E Market St, Louisville, KY
Everyday Kitchen is offering a special farm-to-table, four-course prix fixe dinner menu Valentine’s weekend for $68 per person, excluding tax and gratuity. On Friday and Saturday, the restaurant’s regular menu will be offered as well, but on Valentine’s Day (Monday) the prix fixe will be the only offering, along with the bar menu.
- A welcoming glass of sparkling wine.
- Four courses and a special holiday take-home treat from Chef Mike Wajda.
- Custom drink pairings will be available for an additional price.
- Visit https://www.everydaykitchen.com/louisville-ky to make a reservation or call 502-805-7345.
Morning Fork — 1722 Frankfort Avenue, Louisville, KY
Morning Fork is having a Valentine’s weekend Love Brunch, featuring the eatery’s signature red velvet cornmeal pancakes. These pancakes will also be available to prepare at-home in a DIY kit for $19, which will include the red velvet cornmeal pancake batter and icing. Morning Fork’s special love brunch will be held from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 11, through Sunday, Feb. 13. Visit morningforklouisville.com to make a reservation or call 502-830-9500.
LouVino Restaurant & Wine Bar — 1606 Bardstown Rd. / 11400 Main St., Louisville, KY
Variations of a special four-course menu will be offered at all five LouVino locations on Valentine’s Day (Monday, February 14).
- Options include: A warm caramelized onion and goat cheese dip; a mixed green salad with roasted winter squash, brie cheese and Woodford Reserve vinaigrette; and a choice of crab Florentine crusted sole with tomato hollandaise, or a 6-ounce filet with red wine mushroom veal demi-glace with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted seasonal vegetables.
- For dessert: Shareable chocolate chip cookie dough stuffed beignets with sweet cornbread nut crumble, strawberry Anglaise, and chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Availability: Monday, Feb. 14, for $85 per person, plus tax and gratuity, with a $30 deposit. The deposit will be removed from each check the night of. Guests have the option to add wine pairings for an additional charge. Visit https://louvino.com/ or OpenTable to make a reservation.
LouVino also is offering a three-course Galentine’s Day menu (with champagne gummy bears) from Tuesday, Feb. 8, through Thursday, Feb. 10. The menu is $40 per person, plus tax and gratuity. Galentine’s reservations can be made on OpenTable as well.
- First course: Includes Brussel sprouts salad with cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Second course: Choice of two items from the following: fried chicken tacos with crispy chicken, and garlic mashed potatoes; loaded baked potato tots mushroom risotto; roasted squash salad with rosemary whipped ricotta; or seared salmon with sweet potato gnocchi.
- Dessert: Chocolate chip cookie dough beignets.