The Café (in Paristown) is next up for APRON Inc.’s Chef in a Box promotion, but first the bigger picture.
APRON Inc. was created in 2011 to help provide financial relief to food and beverage industry workers in the Louisville, Kentucky metropolitan area who find themselves in need during times of crises. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, APRON Inc. has stepped up with a far greater volume of assistance to local workers than ever before.
Here’s how Chef in a Box works.
Each week up to fifty people can purchase a Chef in a Box for $50, which actually aren’t boxes but reusable bags provided by APRON Inc. Participating eateries keep $25 toward expenses, while $25 goes to APRON Inc. toward its ongoing grant program.
The contents of Chef in a Box/Bag vary according to the establishment’s specialization and creativity, but you’ll always be able to view the menu in advance and know what you’re getting.
Typically there’ll be tasting selections for two; perhaps a favorite dish of the chef’s, or maybe a meal kit. Participating eateries also are encouraged to include a gift certificate, coupon, or promotional materials.
Chef in the Box Q & A
- How do I order the box? You contact the featured restaurant directly.
- When do I call? You can place your order starting on Friday prior to the restaurant’s featured week.
- Is it pickup or delivery? Each restaurant makes that decision, but usually it’s curbside pickup only.
- How much are the boxes? $50.
- How many boxes does each restaurant sell weekly? 50 boxes, although some have allotted more.
And now, the main attraction for the coming week.
CHEF IN A BOX menu for TWO, $50, pickup August 18 & 19, 2021 at The Café (in Paristown) — 50 Boxes Maximum
Entrees (Pick 2):
Sides (Pick 2):
- French Fries
- Smashed Potatoes
- Stewed Apples
- Brussels Sprouts
- Collard Greens
- Seasonal Roasted Vegetables
- Pasta Salad
- Fiesta Bean Salad
Dessert (Pick 1):
- Italian Cream Cake (Slice)
- Chocolate Tuxedo Cake (Slice)
- Bread Pudding (Large)
Bonus: $10 gift card for future use
To order: Call (502) 589-9191 to order
Pick up times for Chef in a Box: Pick ups will be on Wednesday 18 August and Thursday 19 August, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. both days, at The Café (in Paristown), 711 Brent St., Louisville, KY
(All photos by Dan Dry)