Early May is a bonanza for Louisville restaurants. The enviable surge of Derby dining is followed the next weekend by the enviable surge of families taking their moms out for brunch, lunch or dinner. Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14 this year. Here is a list of some of the restaurant specials being offered for moms’ delectations.
- The Brown Hotel, 335 W Broadway, is offering two choices, a more formal fine dining experience in the English Grill, and a brunch buffet in J. Graham’s.
- In the English Grill diners have a choice of entrées of filet of beef au poivre, roasted swordfish or Maple Leaf Farms Duck and a bountiful selection of side dishes, for $69 per adult, or $22 for children ages 4 to 12,; children under 4 eat free. Seatings are available at 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- At J. Graham’s Café, the brunch buffet with feature carved ribeye with bourbon honey veal jus, a variety of side dishes and various breakfast favorites. The cost is $42 per adult, or $18 for children ages 4 to 12; with children under 4 eating free. Seating available at 10:00 a.m., noon and 2:00 p.m. Call (502) 583-1234 or go to www.brownhotel.com.
- Bristol Bar & Grille locations at1321 Bardstown Rd.; 300 N. Hurstbourne Pkwy.; 614 W. Main St.; and 700 W. Riverside Dr., Jeffersonville will offer a brunch buffet which includes scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cheese grits, Belgian waffles, fresh vegetables, fried chicken, pasta and an assortment of salad, fruit and desserts. The cost is $23 per adult, or $7.50 for ages 4 to 11. Brunch will be served from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at all four locations. Reservations can be made by calling each respective restaurant, or at www.bristolbarandgrille.com.
- LouVino, 1606 Bardstown Rd. and 11400 Main St., Middletown will offer brunch favorites with a Southern twist, including vanilla mascarpone stuffed French toast with bourbon maple syrup and pancake tacos with bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese. A build-your-own mimosa bar will also be available. LouVino Highlands will be open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and LouVino Douglass Hills will be open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Make reservations for Mother’s Day at www.louvino.com.
- Noosh Nosh, 4816 Brownsboro Center, will serve a special buffet from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., with chef Shariat’s signature takes on salmon, chicken, roasted carved ribeye, eggs, bacon, sausage, salads and a variety of desserts. The cost is $25 per person, $12 for children 12 and younger and free for children under age 6. Coffee and ice tea are included in the price. A build-your-own Bloody Mary bar and handcrafted cocktails will also be available. For reservations, call (502) 205-2888. The regular breakfast menu with hearty omelets and sweet and savory crepes will be offered from 8 to 10 a.m. and dinner menu with sandwiches, pizza, salads and all-day snacks will be available from 4 to 8 p.m.
- Brasserie Provence, 150 N. Hurstbourne Pkwy. offer a prix fixe Brunch for $38 for adults and $15 for children under 12 years of age. Each course will have choices. Appetizers will be arugula salad with Banyuls vinaigrette, gazpacho with cilantro crème fraîche, moules mariniéres in white wine garlic cream sauce, portobello mushroom ravioli in prosciutto-spinach velouté or warm tomato goat cheese tart with basil. Entrée choices will be Shrimp Persillade with Camargue rice, grilled salmon fillet with Mediterranean lentil salad, seared beef tenderloin in green peppercorn sauce, grilled pork rib-eye, smoked chicken quiche with artichoke and chive. And choose a dessert of Bleu d’Auvergne cheese, warm flourless chocolate cake, crème brûlée, honey and almond cheesecake or pistachio macaron cake. Call 502-883-3153 or go to www.brasserieprovence.com.