Hog and hops. There’s hardly a better pairing that we know of. And leave it to Harvest and the New Albania Brewing Co. to figure out a way to marry them flavorfully at one dinner.
On April 9, the restaurant and brewery will present a night of great food and local craft beer backed by The 23 String Band‘s all-original music.
According to a news release, the menu will center on “snout-to-tail” pork offerings made from Red Wattle hogs raised at Barr Farms.
Cocktail hour begins at 6 p.m. and includes savory apps and sips. Dinner follows at 7, and all four courses will be paired with NABC beer.
Total cost for the meal (not including tax and gratuity) is $65 per person.
To make reservations, call 502-384-9090 or do so online at OpenTable.com.
The menu follows:
- Cocktail hour: hog jowl scones, pretzel crostini, smoked rib jam, open-faced pastrami tongue and cheek Reuben paired with NABC Naughty Girl
- First course: posole, beer-brined head, trotters and hocks, hominy, toasted garlic-coriander broth, cabbage and grilled rapini paired with NABC Black and Bluegrass
- Second course: porchetta, baby salad greens, Blue Dog Bread crostini, pickled ramp relish and crispy ears paired with NABC Oaktimus
- Third course: pork roast, boulangerie potato cake, crispy pork rillons, carbonnade jus and crispy sweet potatoes paired with NABC Bonfire of the Valkyries
- Fourth course: Old 15-B chocolate ganache truffle, torched malted marshmallow, sugar-spiced pork rinds and coffee gastrique paired with NABC Old 15-B Porter
- Send off: NABC Elector.