Got dinner plans for Saturday? If not, and you’re in the mood to do something fancy, you might consider heading to Theater Square Marketplace to attend Italy Under the Stars, a fundraiser for the Italian Cultural Institute of Louisville.
The night begins at 6:30 p.m. at the restaurant (651 S. Fourth St.), which has a massive and classy outdoor lounge. Hopefully that’ll put it truly under the stars for at least some of the evening.
The evening includes a five-course Italian dinner (naturally), loads of Italian wines and a silent auction. Among the items to be auctioned include a week in a Tuscan farmhouse and a week at an Italian cooking school.
Good gosh, start the bidding now, will ya?
Reservations are required and tickets cost $125 per person. Click here to purchase yours.
Proceeds from the event support the ICI Scholarship/Artisan Grant Initiative and programming.
Keep reading to see the menu:
- Appetizers: Italian cheeses: shaved prosciutto, marinated olives and grape tomatoes
- Salad: heirloom caprese with balsamic reduction
- Pasta: hand-rolled semolina pasta alla Norma with ricotta salata
- Entree: a duo of Chianti-braised boneless beef short ribs and sea bass alla pizzaiola with olives, capers, oregano, tomato sauce
- Dessert: handmade cannoli