The Kentucky Bourbon Festival’s Cask Strength Innovation Dinner with Maker’s Mark will be at Levee Bourbon Lounge (3015 River Road) on Wednesday, April 28. Starting time is 5:30 p.m., meaning that diners will have prime “front row” seats for the Great Steamboat Race, which begins at 6:00 p.m.
Levee’s chef and owner John Varanese’s menu highlights Kentucky cuisine paired with a Maker’s Mark flight and special cocktails.
The event, which is limited to 100 attendees, benefits the non-profit Kentucky Bourbon Festival. Tickets are $135 per person, ages 21+ only, and can be purchased at Eventbrite.
Welcome cocktail and passed small bites:
- House-cured charcuterie
- Bleu cheese in puff pastry, apricot mostarda
- Fried deviled eggs
Maker’s Mark Flight of Innovation
- Maker’s Mark Cask Strength
- Maker’s Mark 46 Cask Strength
- Maker’s Mark 2021 Wood Finishing Series FAE-01
- Maker’s Mark River House Private Select
- Butter lettuce, brie, candied pecans, apple, cherries, bourbon-sorghum vinaigrette
- * Dinner cocktail: “Build Your Own Old Fashioned”
- Smoked Berkshire pork chop, Nueske’s bacon jam, potato pepper jack gratin, sauteed fiddlehead ferns, morels, charred spring onion
Dessert on Savor balcony overlooking the Ohio River
- House-made dipped ice cream cones toffee, sea salt ice cream, chocolate ganache, dried banana crumble
- * Specialty paired dessert bourbon cocktail