Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear’s pre-Thanksgiving Executive Order 2020-968 closing the state’s restaurants and bars to indoor service until December 13 came with the promise of a carrot in the form of an edict dedicating federal Coronavirus Relief Funds in the amount of $40 million for a Food and Beverage Relief Fund.
- Eligible restaurants can receive up to $10,000 in assistance per location. The maximum award offered will be $20,000 per business entity.
- Business with less than 50% of their sales via drive thrus will be eligible.
- Business may not be owned by a publicly traded company.
- Business will be required to remain in compliance with all public health orders.
- The business must supply all information and documentation required by the Team Kentucky Food and Beverage Relief Fund Application.
- Eligible restaurants must complete their application no later than Dec. 18.