In 2012 broadcast journalist Savannah Guthrie told the New York Post, “One of the things I love about New York is that it’s one of the only places where you could have an entire restaurant dedicated to macaroni and cheese.”
Someone please get word to Guthrie that Louisville now has an entire festival devoted to mac ‘n cheese, the savory comfort food that may or may not date to the 14th century in Liber de Coquina, a medieval Italian cookbook — although the Kraft variety arguably is better known in America.
Fourth Street Live! will host the Louisville Mac & Cheese Festival on September 21 and 22 (Saturday and Sunday), with presale tickets available in a variety of packages.
There’ll be numerous activities in addition to the gooey headliner:
- 15+ Mac & Cheese Food Vendors (Over 40 styles)
- Kids Fun Zone Carnival Games & Activities
- Mac & Cheese, French Fry Eating & Can of Whiz Holding Contests
- Cheese Fry Bar
- “Best of” Awards Ceremony
- Giant Craft Beer Garden
- Axe Throwing
- Live Entertainment
- Baggo Tournament & Tailgate Games
- Merchandise, General Vendors & more
Wondering what sort of craft beer pairs with Chorizo Mac and Cheese? Look no further than Saison, Belgium’s original farmhouse ale.