Wiltshire Pantry is about to celebrate their 30th anniversary, and they launched a new breakfast menu last week at their Bakery Cafe at 901 Barret Ave. Founder Susan Hershberg says the Cafe will now have a chef cooking a selection of dishes instead of just offering grab and go items. She also says they will soon be open on Mondays, meaning seven-days-a-week service.
“We did a really fun event for Breeder’s Cup where they hired us to do a breakfast marquis for them,” said Hershberg. “We were set up in the infield for a week, and we launched this innovative breakfast program.” So, we decided to incorporate that into our own programs, With the new year starting with a lot of people watching their intake of sugar and flour, we thought it would a good time to offer items that fit within paleo and whole 30 diets.”
The following menu also features gluten free options and is available from 7 to 10 a.m.
- Tuscan Egg Sandwich:Baked Lacinato Kale and Egg, Aged Provolone, Artichoke-Goathorn Pepper Relish, Smoked Tomato Aioli, Local Greens on Wiltshire Ciabatta Roll
- Salad Lyonnaise: Local Greens, Over Easy Farm Egg, Broadbent Bacon, Crushed Croutons, Country Style Vinaigrette
- Breakfast Grain Bowl: Sprouted Lentils, Brown Rice, Local Greens, Soft Boiled Egg, Brussel Sprout Leaves, Pecorino Cheese, Aged Sherry Vinaigrette
- Chorizo Frittata: 2 Farm Eggs, Spanish Chorizo, Roasted Peppers, Grilled Scallions, Roasted Potatoes, Chihuahua Cheese
- Smoked Salmon Plate: Wiltshire Sourdough Bagel, House Smoked Verlasso Salmon, Benedictine, Farm Egg, Shaved Red Onion, Chopped Cornichon
- Latin Avocado Toast: Stewed Smokey Red Beans, Crushed Avocado, Sunny Farm Egg, Salsa Verde,Local Salad Greens on Grilled Artisan Multigrain Sourdough
- Shakshuka: Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpeas, Spicy Tomato Sauce, Baked Farm Eggs, Feta Cheese and Grilled Sourdough Bread (Pictured above)
Granola Bowl: Housemade Gluten Free Oat Granola, Chia and Hemp Seeds, Buckwheat Groats, Caramelized Local Apples, Fresh Fruit, Greek Yogurt and Local Strawberry Sauce
Wiltshire Pantry at The Speed is also rolling out a new program. They will began offering dinner and a movie on Fridays last week with a Fried Chicken Fryday menu available from 5 to 8 p.m.
Keep your eyes peeled. The Wiltshire Pantry is throwing a 30th Anniversary Shindig on February 18th. Details to follow.