In 2023 Apron Inc. is staging happy hour “friend-raisers” at different locations on the last Wednesday of each month.
The next one takes place on Wednesday, August 30 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at High Street Apothecary, a cocktail and bourbon bar in New Albany (141 W. Main Street), but this being Indiana, where the practice of “happy hour” (defined as alcoholic beverage discounts predicated on time of day and/or favoritism in pricing, as in “ladies night”) is illegal, the event is being dubbed “Happy Friend-Raiser.”
- Complimentary Maker’s Mark tasting for August 30
- Complimentary welcome brie and crackers
- Special cocktail of the evening
- Spin the wheel for swag
- Meet and greet APRON Inc. board members
- Learn all about APRON Inc.’s mission and more
- No cover – a portion of the proceeds go to Apron Inc.’s grant fund, providing financial assistance to restaurant workers in need
APRON Inc. was created in 2011 to help provide financial relief to food and beverage industry workers in the Louisville, Kentucky metropolitan area who find themselves in need during times of crises. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, APRON Inc. has stepped up with a far greater volume of assistance to local workers than ever before.