Fire and ice have never played so well together. Leña Brava — ”ferocious wood” — takes its inspiration from the multicultural seaside elements of Baja California Norte, the region’s celebration of live-fire cooking and the area’s world-class wines.
On September 15 Pints&union will host a dinner collaboration dinner, with the New Albany pub’s chef, Dalton Gahafer, teaming with Chris Ripley of Leña Brava for an evening of small plates inspired by the Chicago favorite’s creative cuisine.
Here’s a glance at the menu. For complete listings and reservations, visit the Pints&union page at Facebook. The meal will be served in the pub’s upstairs loft space, and the cost is $65 per person exclusives of drinks and gratuities.
- Course One: Ploughman board
- Course Two: Bay scallop and paw paw ceviche
- Course Three: Braised barbacoa tacos
- Course Four: Tandoori pulpo (octopus) with acorn squash puree and pepita crumb
- Course Five: Baked Alaska
F&D’s 2019 profile of Pints&union can be read here. Feature photo courtesy of Leña Brava.