Before anyone goes there, know that no horses were harmed in the creation of this menu.
Where do you think we are? Italy? Japan?
The Bloodhorse dinnner is a rather clever celebration of one of Kentucky’s greatest living assets — big, beautiful, lovely and badass thoroughbreds — to be held at Majid’s St. Matthews on April 25 at 7 p.m. Plus, if you’re not familiar with “Bloodhorse,” it’s a leading publication in the equine industry.
So with that out of the way, let’s see what Majid’s bar manager Stephen Dennison and chef Alicia Minteer have created in these horsey-themed courses:
- Man O’ War: Duck ‘A’L Orange’ Crostini, Duck Confit, Coriander and Orange Wash and Cracklin’s paired with Old Weller Antique 107 Progressive Old Fashioned
- Secretariat: Field Mushroom and Barley Soup paired with Old Charter, B & B, Tobacco Vapor and Brandied Cherries
- Eight Belles: Ginger Ahi Tuna Poke and Watercress paired with Buffalo Trace, Domaine Canton, Ginger Ale and Lemon
- Big Brown: Butternut Squash Gnocci, Brown Butter, Molasses Drizzle and Prime Rib Au Poivre paired with Woodford Reserve Double Oaked Sour, Dumante, Carbonated and Sumac Sugar Rim
- Barbaro: Apricot Bomb and Five-Spice Crackle paired with Angel’s Envy Champagne Cocktail and Lemon Guest-Expression
Price for the meal is $75 plus tax and gratuity. To make a reservation, phone 502-618-2222