Thanksgiving in 2021 falls on Thursday, November 25, and it is not unreasonable to suspect that holiday celebrations will be planned, at least in part, to offset the disappointments of 2020, when the pandemic interrupted many a family gathering.
In Louisville, the Courier Journal generally excels at documenting the Thanksgiving Day schedules and specials at the metropolitan area’s eateries. I’ll be keeping an eye on the F&D e-mail account, and will take ongoing note of opportunities like these at Proof on Main and 610 Magnolia.
Proof on Main (702 W. Main St.)
- Proof on Main will be open for dine-in service from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
- The Thanksgiving meal is priced at $55-65 per person depending on the main course: Turkey Porchetta with calbrian chile, orange, fennel served with roasted garlic gravy ($55 per person) or Smoked Black Hawk Short Rib with horseradish crema and caramelized shallot bordelaise ($65 per person). Starters, salad and four sides are included in the price, and additional sides are available for a supplementary charge.
- A kid’s menu costs $25, including a ½ sized turkey or short rib with two sides, and turkey or rib plates to go are available ($20 or $30).
- Executive Chef Jeff Dailey’s Smoked Oyster & Country Ham Cornbread Stuffing will also be available for carryout.
610 Magnolia (610 Magnolia Avenue)
610 Magnolia’s popular “Everything But The Bird” Thanksgiving sides to-go promotion is back for pre-order only: “We’ve got you covered on everything but the bird. You focus all your attention on the turkey and we will take care of the rest.” Reservations and dinners are limited, so email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 502-636-0783. Six sides and a quart of gravy is $80 per order; the sides are packed in reheatable containers and will feed 4 to 5 people.
- Red Russet Mash Potatoes
- Country Ham and Sourdough Stuffing with Bacon and Sage
- Butternut Squash & Bacon Mac-n-Cheese with Toasted Three-Cheese Topping
- Roasted Brussels Sprout with Pecans, Pomegranate & Sorghum Vinaigrette
- Homemade Dinner Rolls with Sea Salt and Cinnamon Butter
- Homemade Ginger Cranberry Sauce
Pick up location is 610 Magnolia on Wednesday 24 November and Thursday 25 November. Pick up times will be coordinated by 610 Magnolia’s management, and payment plus sales tax is due when placing the order.